KR Designs 11 - Beadwoven Jewelry Blog

This blog is for my comments about making beadwoven jewelry, my inspirations, frustrations, and love of color.

The banner is Lilacs in Springtime, a free form peyote bracelet.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Another Pair of Earrings

The third pair of earrings in my special April promotion are Swarovski light topaz with a crystal ab roundel and yellow jade round beads. I like this shade the best of Swarovski yellows. I frequently use crystal ab roundels in my earrings rather than metal accents. Guess that's because I like crystals.

I really like Waterford crystal. I collected Christmas ornaments for a number of years until I realized I was decorating the tree only for myself and stopped the tradition. I need to have a fresh cut tree, nothing artificial.


It may seem like I am writing about Christmas, but it is more about traditions. Most of them in my family of origin revolve around food; since I have food allergies/sensitivities, and shouldn't eat sugar and starchy carbohydrates, I can no longer comfortably eat those traditions. Some of them I realized I never really liked--the large fruit and nut chocolate eggs that we had to share come to mind. Eggs were decorated for the fun of decorating them, not the mess and certainly not for the hard boiled eggs. Ham used to be glazed with brown sugar over the maraschino cherries and canned pineapple rings. There were ever enough cherries to suit me! Today I had a serving of fresh pineapple which tasted good for a once a year or so treat. The rest of my family of origin's traditions involve church attendance.


Anyone care to share a tradition that I might be able to adopt?

No comments:

Post a Comment