KR Designs 11 - Beadwoven Jewelry Blog

This blog is for my comments about making beadwoven jewelry, my inspirations, frustrations, and love of color.

The banner is Lilacs in Springtime, a free form peyote bracelet.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Another Pair of Earrings

I am always surprised where the picture ends up. This time I have a line to write above it. Oh well! These earrings are my selection for day 2 of my earring promotion in my etsy shop. If you want the details, you can click on the description of my recent listings under my banner.


I am using this promotion to test the number of views of my etsy shop. According to the sites that help you manage your shop, I have had no views on my promotional earrings. Also, my shop is not included in the first 20 pages of listings in the etsy search for beadweaving which is what I do. I've spent a lot of time setting up my etsy.com shop, today is my second full month of adding items which now total 59, with no sales. Life.

I joined the Etsy Beadweavers team, which gives me places to say I listed a new item, and we look at each others. When I list the earrings, I cannot post them on the beadweavers places because they are not beadwoven. So now I wonder if the views I have gotten on other items are from my fellow beadweavers (sellers), from supply sellers trying to sell me their merchandise or if they were potential customers. If you are a potential buyer and are reading this, please add a comment to let me know.

I am going to be learning more about search engines. Not exactly what I wanted to do, but seem to need to do in order to make all the time and effort I've put into setting up an etsy shop worthwhile. If you would like me to blog about SEO, please comment.

A pastel artist I know sends a fairly regular weekly email to many people; he always includes a photo with a lesson of sorts. This week there was no photo, so I wrote him asking if I missed it. He responded with the photo and a comment that only 2 people inquired about the missing photo. How sad. If you are interested in pastel paintings (he's good) or live near Chicago, I can put you in contact with him to view his website or take classes from him.

So it's not just husbands that don't listen to their wives and vice versa!

No comments:

Post a Comment