KR Designs 11 - Beadwoven Jewelry Blog

This blog is for my comments about making beadwoven jewelry, my inspirations, frustrations, and love of color.

The banner is Lilacs in Springtime, a free form peyote bracelet.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Status Update

I'm being drawn away from beading by my family. I did shop for seed beads at my local bead store--the one with the Venetian beads--to correct my poor choices of colors I ordered on line.

I started my latest cellini spiral bangle bracelet which I will probably place on consignment at TLDDesigns.com gallery in Westmont, Illinois. I will put a picture of it here. The colors I chose are sapphire blue transparent in two sizes, purple in two sizes with a lighter purple in size 15, a metallic rainbow green/blue in size 8, green blue and blue topaz transparent in size 11, and turquoise transparent charlottes in size 13 and 15 for a total of 16 beads in each spiral--some are repeated. The colors were inspired by a collage by JoAnn Deck which you can see if you follow the link to her blog on my blog. The TLD Design center & gallery is also a link on my blog.

I'm hoping working alternately on finishing up items with the spiral will lower the monotony of the repeats on the spiral bracelet. It has taken me two full days worth of beading to complete one in the past. I'm finishing a Swarovski bronze pearl, ceylon topaz crystal flat spiral bracelet currently. It has the same colors as the keshi pearl edged bracelet at www.etsy.com/listing/49536225 I also have to figure out something to enter in the EBW Team challenge Secret Garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment