KR Designs 11 - Beadwoven Jewelry Blog

This blog is for my comments about making beadwoven jewelry, my inspirations, frustrations, and love of color.

The banner is Lilacs in Springtime, a free form peyote bracelet.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Treasuries

I created my first treasury on etsy today. I didn't read any instructions, and my only known error was in not realizing the far right hand column was for alternate entries. I thought that was the best place to put an item. But I was able to edit and now I have 4 more entries (alternates) for my next treasury. I understand how creating them can be addictive. http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list_west.php?room_id=99853

My tanzanite bracelet was included in a treasury called Crystal Candy created by Peter Sewell. It has artists I was not familiar with, but their work is well worth a look or twelve!
http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=133163

I have also started to list pictures on flickr using KRDesigns11 as my id. It needs work as well as tlc.

My June beadweavers challenge has a name: Rolling Snowballs. I'm entering the necklace to be juried for an exhibition for Illinois artists at the Illinois State Fair in Springfield in August which required a name. The crystals and pearls I ordered arrived today, so I can complete it. I ordered parts last Thursday from Bello Modo which arrived Saturday and Artbeads which arrived today. I received my Bello Modo order before Artbeads shipped. This happens regularly.

I wanted to use the gulf oil spill as my phenomenon subject, but I decided the colors I would have used would have been more depressing on an already depressing subject. Rolling Snowballs is a little playful and light hearted and reflects the spiralling of the beads. It brings back happy memories of my childhood and cooler weather during our early heat wave in the midwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment