KR Designs 11 - Beadwoven Jewelry Blog

This blog is for my comments about making beadwoven jewelry, my inspirations, frustrations, and love of color.

The banner is Lilacs in Springtime, a free form peyote bracelet.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Etsy Beadweavers Challenge - Damsel Fly





















These are the first photos of my challenge entry. The listing www.etsy.com/listing/46262081 has 5 photos and instructions on how to view the others in the challenge and vote. That doesn't start until Mother's Day, so I'll remind you in a few days.


You can see that I did not use the cute butterfly glass button I located in my stash. It is not practical as a closure because the shape is butterfly shape and the ultimate judge (my husband) didn't like the colors as it matched too well. I was happy to add some peridot stone tiny round beads to the center even though the beads are not uniform in size.


I'm going to bed early tonight, since I have been working late, late, late recently and my brain is a little fried from lack of sleep. I have an east window which wakes me when the sun shines which it has been doing gloriously recently. Not only do I have the scent of lilies of the valley outside my window, but now the Miss Kim lilacs are about to bloom. Early--June is their usual show time.

There is activity on http://www.usethemuse.com/ so maybe the big reveal is tomorrow.

Welcome new follower. Feel free to comment and check out my other followers who are listed above on the right or are etsy sellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment