KR Designs 11 - Beadwoven Jewelry Blog

This blog is for my comments about making beadwoven jewelry, my inspirations, frustrations, and love of color.

The banner is Lilacs in Springtime, a free form peyote bracelet.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Photography Lessons

Welcome new follower and all. I'll get back to the right angle weave topic tomorrow.

I planned to take pictures today of my first attempts at multiple right angle weave bracelets. They're pretty greens and will make lovely photos. When I put the memory card in the camera, the camera displayed that it was locked. When I looked at the memory card, there was nothing to slide to unlock it. So another thing to consider when you buy cards is how likely will that piece come off. I have a 4gb card, but I bet I didn't use half of the memory--I don't want to know. So that is a expense I didn't count on. Tomorrow morning I will buy a new one and click away on my jewelry.

The lights I purchased with my new camera (November) are daylight CFLs and I like them because they do not heat up. I do have OTT lamps, but did not like the color cast. I, too, would love to photograph outdoors, but I live near Chicago and it's unpredictable--besides I'm not a morning person. Any comments on photography?

2 comments:

  1. Hi , I do like your banner, it is full of the power of purple a very "spiritual color" which has been worn by kings of old. Cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my blog!

    Yes, I have looked at Margie Deeb's work. I have one of her books, and I follow her on Twitter. :)

    ReplyDelete