KR Designs 11 - Beadwoven Jewelry Blog

This blog is for my comments about making beadwoven jewelry, my inspirations, frustrations, and love of color.

The banner is Lilacs in Springtime, a free form peyote bracelet.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Where Women Create

I want to introduce my readers to Debbie Egizio who is a mixed media artist and was a classmate in a collage class at my local community college more than a decade ago. She is younger than I am and has explored many different avenues, some of which I am envious. She worked in a local shop which was filled with silk flowers and designs, and at this time of year would have the most wonderfully decorated Christmas trees...a most magical place. A lot of it really wasn't my style, and I couldn't afford to purchase much, but I would go there and get lost in my day dreams. I miss that store.

Before I knew what blogging was, her newsletter told of having a page of her work in Artful Blogging, so I went to the bookstore to see it. Her latest newsletter tells of being featured in Where Women Create. http://www.stampington.com/wherewomencreate/ in the current, Nov/Dec/Jan 2011 issue. This magazine I purchased. There are 8 pages to her article; lots of photos. Looking is a way to spark your creativity, no matter what your craft interests are. You may wish to explore the where women create blog. They support handmade!

There are sneak peek previews to the article on Debbie's sites. To better acquaint you with Debbie, you can visit her website http://www.thebeatofmyart.com/ and, of course, her blog http://www.debbieegizio.blogspot.com/ She is currently teaching at North Central College in Naperville, Illinois. If you're in the Chicago area, you may be able to see her in person at one of her shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment