KR Designs 11 - Beadwoven Jewelry Blog

This blog is for my comments about making beadwoven jewelry, my inspirations, frustrations, and love of color.

The banner is Lilacs in Springtime, a free form peyote bracelet.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Etsy Beadweavers Team Challenge Voting Now

Please go to www.etsy-beadweavers.blogspot.com to pick your favorite entry in the current monthly challenge, Secret Gardens and vote for it. The list below the grid of pictures has links to each entrants etsy shop so you can check out all the details. Voting is from July 9 thru July 15.

My entry is my cobalt blue and gold free form bracelet. I would appreciate your vote, but want you to vote for your favorite and there are many worthy choices. So have fun.

I have been working on a cellini spiral bangle which has not been working out as well as the others I've made. On a favorable recommendation, I tried Toho's One G thread. While it has many admirable qualities, I don't think it is strong enough as I've had the thread break a couple of times and not where I knotted. It doesn't fray unless it breaks and is much thinner making it easier to thread the needle. It is supposed to be as strong as fireline. If anyone has comments on One G thread or knows what I'm doing wrong, please comment to let me know. I switched to my old favorite, nymo so I can complete the bangle.

Supplies to complete things have arrived in the mail this week. I'm not sure how much I can work on because I need to prepare for the Art Spree next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment