KR Designs 11 - Beadwoven Jewelry Blog

This blog is for my comments about making beadwoven jewelry, my inspirations, frustrations, and love of color.

The banner is Lilacs in Springtime, a free form peyote bracelet.

Friday, May 31, 2013

Sky Blue


I have been wanting to work with shades of blue for a while and finally completed a 12 inch section of dutch spiral weave for a necklace. I found a supplier on Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/mbonan9?ref=seller_info who tags items by color which worked wonderfully for me. The photos are of sky blue.  Swarovski crystals call this color turquoise (an opaque bead), Czech fire polished glass is a light aquamarine (transparent bead), and Miyuki calls it opaque turquoise blue and sky blue. So it's no wonder I found myself at my local bead store trying to match and/or complement these colors so that I can complete this necklace. The color is lovely, whatever it's name is. Anyone have suggestions? Maybe looking at the turquoise cabochons I have to bead embroider will help....

My wait listed Art Fair for this forecasted rainstorm weekend did not have any cancellations, fortunately for me because it is no fun to do an outdoor show when storms are occurring, especially when you are a last minute invitee with little time to plan and prepare. My next show is on the 4th of July weekend. This gives me time to create more and tend to my Etsy shop, as well as my personal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment